|Preparation time:||1 hour (plus prep time required the night before)|
|Cooking time:||15 mins|
- 500g beef T-bone steak
- Extra virgin olive oil (to coat)
- Sea salt (to season)
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 50g unsalted butter
- Lemon (squeeze)
- 3 garlic cloves
- The night before, ensure you take your steak out of the wrapper and place on a wire rack. Store in the fridge overnight and allow the air to circulate around the beef, air drying and intensifying the flavour of the beef.
- Remove the steak from the fridge 1 hour before cooking to allow meat to come to room temperature.
- Brush the beef well with extra virgin olive oil and then season with sea salt on all sides.
- Heat a fry pan until smoking hot.
- Place beef standing up first on fat side to caramelise and until golden brown.
- Place the steak on a flat side and cook for 4 minutes. Turn to other side and repeat for a further 4 minutes or until caramelised on both sides.
- Remove from heat and stand up on a rack, allowing the steak to rest for 4 minutes.
- Using the same pan, place butter over heat and cook until nut brown.
- Return the steak to the pan and add, garlic cloves thyme sprigs and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cook over high heat for 1 minute each side - pouring juices over steak.
- Remove from heat and place on cutting board.
- Carve the meat from the bone and serve - see video below