|Cooking time:||30 minutes|
- 1 chicken, breakdown into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 3-4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion thinly, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2cm fresh ginger, julienne
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh Thai basil, and mint
To serve: lime quarters and slice of bread to dip and scoop up the left over sauce at the end.
Breakdown the chicken to 8 pieces.
Toss the chicken with the turmeric, 1 tablespoon curry paste, and 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned (about 2 minutes). Remove the chicken from the pot.
To the pot, add the onions, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt. Cook 5 minutes, until they just begin to soften.
Toss in the carrot and zucchini, cook another 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the curry paste and cook until fragrant (1 minute). Add the coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, the chicken, remaining curry paste, fish sauce, and honey. Stir to combine.
Partially cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the heat. Season to taste with salt.
Top with fresh herbs - basil, mint. And serve with lime wedges and crusty bread.